The Anderson School of Management named as one of the top 100 best part-time MBA programs by U.S. News and World Report.
UNM Anderson has 200 part-time MBA students, a factor in the school being ranked 99th in the nation. UNM Anderson offers many late afternoon and evening classes. U.S. News says part-time business programs are vital for working people who can’t go to school full time for family or financial reasons.
UNM Anderson Interim Dean Craig White agrees. “Part-time MBA students are an important and valued group in Anderson’s graduate program. Their ability to balance commitments brings perspectives that enrich the educational experience of all of the students,” said White. “We are pleased that U.S. News is highlighting part-time MBA programs and recognizes what UNM Anderson offers to help part-time students accomplish their educational goals in a fashion that meets their needs.”
The U.S. News part-time MBA ranking is based on five factors:
• average peer assessment score (50 percent of the school's overall score)
• average GMAT score and average GRE quantitative and verbal scores of part-time MBA students entering in fall 2014 (15 percent). The criteria uses both GMAT and GRE scores if an MBA program reports both, which allows the methodology to take into account the admissions test scores of the entire entering class.
• average undergraduate GPA of part-time MBA students entering in fall 2014 (5 percent)
• work experience of part-time MBA students entering in fall 2014 (15 percent)
• the percentage of the business school's fall 2014 MBA enrollment that is part time (15 percent)
The statistical data were collected in fall 2014 and early 2015. The average peer assessment score is calculated from a fall 2014 survey that asked business school deans and MBA program directors at each of the nation's 323 part-time MBA programs to rate the other part-time programs on a scale from marginal (1) to outstanding (5). Forty-one percent of those surveyed responded. Assessment data were collected by Ipsos Public Affairs.
To be eligible for the part-time ranking, a program needed to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International and have at least 20 students enrolled part time in fall 2014.
To view UNM Anderson’s ranking, click HERE.
UNM Anderson has been recognized by U.S. News before. In 2011, the UNM Anderson School of Management was ranked among the top 10 schools in the nation for the percentage of MBA students getting jobs within 90 days of graduation.