The Institute of Internal Auditors Albuquerque Chapter is offering scholarship awards. The purpose of the scholarship program is to assist students in realizing their educational and career objectives in fields related to the Internal Audit profession through formal education at an accredited college or university. For eligibility and application information, please click below the cut.
Anyone who meets the following criteria is eligible and may apply:
1. Applicants must be enrolled for the Summer or Fall 2016 semesters as full-time undergraduate or graduate students at the University of New Mexico. Undergraduate students should be juniors or seniors during the Summer or Fall 2016 semesters, or plan to enroll as graduate students in the Fall 2016 semester.
2. Applicants must be enrolled in a course of study designed to lead to a degree in:
• Bachelor of Business Administration or Master of Business Administration with concentration in Accounting, Finance, Information Assurance, or Management Information Systems; or
• Master of Accountancy.
Members of the IIA Albuquerque Chapter Academic Relations Committee, Board of Governors, and their family members and close relatives are not eligible. Previous recipients of an IIA Albuquerque Chapter scholarship award are not eligible.
Applicants must follow instructions and submit requested items timely to be considered.
Applicants must provide proof of current enrollment to be considered for a scholarship award. Unofficial transcripts will meet this requirement.
Application Procedures and Deadline:
Applicants should submit the completed application form on page three, a current resume, and an unofficial transcript. After reviewing the application forms, resumes and transcripts, finalists will be selected for an interview. Selected applicants must be available for an interview on Thursday afternoon, April 14, 2016. Interviews will be scheduled from 3 to 5 pm at UNM’s Faculty/Staff Club. Applications must be received by midnight on Friday, April 1, 2016 to be considered.
For an application, please email Lola Neudecker at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria and Method of Selection:
The IIA Albuquerque Chapter Academic Relations Committee will judge the interviews and award scholarships in their sole discretion as a committee, subject only to further consideration by the Albuquerque Chapter Board of Governors. The interview will focus on “What are the most important soft skills internal auditors need to develop to be successful in today's business environment and why?” The standard award is four individual scholarships of $500 each; monies are available and budgeted.
The criteria the Academic Relations Committee will use to make its determinations will include:
1. Professionalism - Appearance and ability to communicate clearly.
2. Persuasiveness of Discussion including, but not limited to, how the applicant discusses the topic, whether the discussion is persuasive, and the overall quality of the interview.
3. Intangibles and other factors as determined by the judges.
No consideration is given to financial need or protected status of the individual applicant. All applicants are given equal consideration and weighting in the review of their application and interview.
The recipients of this year’s scholarships will be notified by Thursday, April 28, 2016. Scholarships will be awarded at the IIA Albuquerque Chapter Social Event tentatively scheduled for May 2016.